Wednesday, October 03, 2012

How to Keep Catholic Schools Open

Years ago, when my boys were in Catholic School and the school was on the verge of closing, I figured out how much each member of our parish community would need to contribute per year to the school to have it be able to offer free tuition. If I remember correctly, it was about $200 per year. I knew it would never happen. Some, truly, could not afford it, and some simply don't feel a need or desire to invest in Catholic education.

Yet, the Diocese of Wichita is doing something similar and the Catholic Schools there are thriving. Since 2002, all of the diocese's 38 schools - including four Catholic high schools - have been without tuition. They have opened three new schools in the past ten years.

Read more about it here: Education Boom in Wichita

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...