Thursday, October 25, 2012

Some Quotes on Hope

There are people who are eternal optimists, and then there are people like me, for whom hope is generally somewhat harder to come by. I came across this blog post by Marge Fenelon today with Ten Quotes on Hope to Lift Your Spirits. As she says, "We all could use a proverbial shot in the arm to lift our spirits and  get us thinking, feeling, and acting positively again. I’ve chosen ten quotes about hope (real, Christian hope, not political jargon hope) that I think will fit the bill."

They are all good, but I think that this one is my favorite:

“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...