Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything is beautiful. Beauty is God's hand-writing - God's image. It is a wayside sacrament, a cup of blessing; welcome it in every fair landscape, in every fair face, every fair flower, and drink it in with all your eyes, and thank Christ for it, who is Himself the well-spring of all beauty.
I am a writer, artist, and homeschooling mom. Here you will find musings on life, readings, and a relationship with God. To add a RSS feed to this blog, go to http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpiritualWoman
Monday, October 15, 2012
The Importance of Beauty
I've been reading Wrapped Up: God's Ten Gifts for Women
(Great book! Review coming soon) by Cheryl Dickow and Teresa Tomeo. In it, Teresa shares this wonderful quote by Charles Kingsley:
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything is beautiful. Beauty is God's hand-writing - God's image. It is a wayside sacrament, a cup of blessing; welcome it in every fair landscape, in every fair face, every fair flower, and drink it in with all your eyes, and thank Christ for it, who is Himself the well-spring of all beauty.
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything is beautiful. Beauty is God's hand-writing - God's image. It is a wayside sacrament, a cup of blessing; welcome it in every fair landscape, in every fair face, every fair flower, and drink it in with all your eyes, and thank Christ for it, who is Himself the well-spring of all beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
#OpenBook for September 2026
Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...
-
These are excerpts from some of St. Gianna's writings: "Prayer is the search for God who is in heaven and everywhere, since He i...
-
Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...
-
The two featured names of the day on the Ave Maria Press Facebook Catholic Baby Name Contest are "Helen" and "Ethan" -...
No comments:
Post a Comment