Monday, June 24, 2013

In Praise of Summer

In my part of the woods, we are in the midst of a heat wave. Being outside felt like being in a bowl of hot soup. Some thunderstorms came through this evening and cooled things off - at least temporarily. Once it gets over 90 degrees, I tend to not love summer weather, especially if it is humid, but I do love the slower pace of summer and the ability to relax a bit. I came across this quote in Victoria magazine and thought I would share it:

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer's day listening to this murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky. is by no means of waste of time. - John Lubbock

No comments:

#OpenBook for May 2024

Happy May! May is my favorite month of the year!  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Link...