Tuesday, June 18, 2013

On Friendship

Today I started reading On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the Twenty-First Century. The book contains a series of conversations then Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio had with Rabbi Abraham Skorka, Rector of the Latin American Rabbinical Seminary in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm about one-third of the way through it so far and am finding it fascinating. I will be reviewing it once I am done and will be focusing on what the future pope had to say.

Tonight, however, I would like to share this quote by Rabbi Skorka on friendship:

The sign of a real friendship is the ability to reveal what is in one's heart to another person.






No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...