Thursday, September 29, 2005

Staying Humble

My older son David (age 4 1/2) just started attending religious education classes on Sundays after mass. After class this week, I was reviewing his projects with him. One of the things they had done was to cut out a little book on things to be thankful for. There were some preprinted pages thanking God for the moon, the sun, the trees, etc. On the last page, they were supposed to draw a picture of what they wanted to thank God for. I looked at his picture and made out what were four very clear stick figures. So, I asked him, "Were you thanking God for your family?" He looked at me deadly serious and shook his head, "No, Mom, those are martians!" Never let it be said that my children do not keep me humble!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...