Thursday, November 16, 2006

Help Save a Catholic Press

I have a soft spot for Sophia Institute Press. Back in late 2003, I was searching for a publisher for my manuscript of Letters to Mary from a Young Mother. On December 31st of that year, I received an email from them saying that they were interested. Although they ultimately decided not to pursue publication, just the fact that they were interested gave me such hope and encouragement at a time in my life when I desperately needed it. Now, that press may have to close.

One of the best books that Sophia Institute has put out is Angel in the Waters. You can read it online at www.angelinthewaters.com This is such a wonderful story of a baby in the womb and his guardian angel. My children love the story and ask to read it again and again. Sophia Press is asking that you consider purchasing a copy of this book for yourself or to give as a gift to a youngster or perhaps to donate to the religious education program at your parish.

They are also accepting donations at www.sophiainstitute.com/donate.htm . They are asking for any donations, even $1 helps.

Please consider either buying a copy of
Angel in the Waters or donating. It is a hard road out there for Catholic publishers and we need to give them all the support we can.

Thank you.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...