Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Christmas Indulgence

Each Christmas Season, I like to indulge in a holiday-themed novel. Its my little vacation amidst the chaos. This year I chose "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. While I have seen countless movies and even appeared in my 4th grade play as the "Ghost of Christmas Past," I had never read the actual book.

It is rather short (106 pgs) in the version I had, and there were parts of the story that I had not been exposed to before. Even though I knew everything would turn out well in the end, I enjoyed it. It is an incredible story of redemption. We all have the chance to get rid of the "Scrooge-ness" in ourselves and start again tomorrow. Christ gives us this opportunity and what a wonderful gift it is!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...