Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What would you do with more time?

We all seem to be suffering from a time shortage. There always seems to be too much to do and not enough time to do it in. So, today I invite you to consider what you would do with more time. Go ahead, make a list. Do you want to spend more time sitting on the floor playing with your children? Do you want to pursue a hobby like gardening, or playing piano, fishing, or golf? Do you want to read a good book or take a walk outside? Do you want to pray more? Whatever it is, write it down.

Now, find a way to incorporate at least one of those things in your life, even if it is only for 5 minutes at a time. When I first began a mom, I had to accept the reality that if I didn't take advantage of those little spurts of time in my life when the kids were happy, fed and changed, I was never going to get anything done.

I learned to always have reading material available. I have read so much one paragraph or one page at a time. I learned to pray anywhere, anytime. I learned that you can actually pull a few weeds out of a garden in 5 minutes of free time or step outside for a quick breath of fresh air. These little "breaks" in the busyness of life help quiet and nourish the soul. Take advantage of them.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...