Friday, February 18, 2011

The First Sign of Spring

Like many other places, we in Western Massachusetts have had more than our share of snow this winter. The snowbanks were higher than I have ever seen them. But, the past couple days have been a touch of Spring and we have been rejoicing in it. And, the snow is actually melting!

There is now actually a strip of earth between the house and the snow pile. As I looked over today, I did a double take. My daffodils are starting to sprout! Those little green shoots are pushing their way through the earth. I was so excited. Each September, I plant them and tulips - my act of faith that Spring will come. And there they were! I was so excited.

Thank you, God, for the beautiful day, and the promise of Spring to come.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...