Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thought for the Day

For a variety of reasons, I am exhausted these days. Tired to the very core of my bones, to the point that the words "Rest in Peace" have an unusual appeal! LOL

Needless to say, I am looking forward to the day when I will no longer be so tired, although I have no idea when that will be. I just know it will come "someday." Amidst this exhaustion, I came across an article by Barbara Lishko today that had these words:

Many of us are on the road of our life journey, and we know that “somewhere up the road” we will find happiness, wholeness, rest. We sometimes tend to focus so exclusively on the destination that we miss all the good stuff in between.

It's a good reminder to enjoy what is going on now (at least as much as I can!) while I wait for that elusive rest.

2 comments:

Simple Faith and Life said...

Thank you for sharing, Patrice. I was just saying to myself, "I'm so tired", just as I opened what you wrote. Thank you for the positive thought, and whatever is going on in your life, God grant you success, peace, and some rest.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Thank you. I hope you get some rest as well!

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...