Thursday, November 03, 2011

Ready to Return to the 21st Century!

For those of you who may be wondering where I have been all week, my area was hit Saturday by a freak October snow storm that wreaked havoc and knocked out power for about 100 miles. Power is slowly being being restored, although my particular section definitely seems to be last on the list and I most likely won't have power until Saturday. (I am writing this from the library the next town over which had power restored today.

We have been fortunate. My neighbor had a generator which he has shared with us allowing us to have some minimal electricity. We have a gas stove so we could cook and warm the house by having pots of boiling water on the stove. There are many people who have been much worse off. And while local schools were cancelled for the week - we only skipped Monday, although I had them just stick to the basics, so they didn't feel like they were being tortured too much!

All in all, though, I can honestly say that I am very ready to return to this century!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...