Monday, September 03, 2012

Moment of Beauty - Roots by a River

 I've always been somewhat fascinated by trees. I think that their many variations are inherently beautiful. Long-time readers of my blog may recall that I even did a series of paintings on them a few years back.

In the course of my long weekend, I came across this very interesting root formation by the side of a river. The photo on the top shows a large portion of the roots, while in the one on the bottom, I focused more on the large knot of roots. I then changed the photo to black and white and increased the contrast. I don't know if you will agree or not (beauty, after all, is in the eye of the beholder), but I found beauty in this unexpected place and wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...