Thursday, January 03, 2013

Weaving

I happened to open up my copy of Let Us Be What We Are: The Joys and Challenges of Living the Little Way and came across this poem by J.B. Tabb which really spoke to me today.


Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me;
I may not choose the colors,
He knows what they should be;
For He can view the patten 
Upon the upper side,
While I can see it only,
On this, the underside.

Sometimes He weaveth sorrow,
Which seemeth strange to me;
But I will trust His judgement,
And work on faithfully;
'Tis He who fills the shuttle,
He knows just what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest
And leave Him with the rest.

At last when life is ended,
With Him I shall abide,
Then I may view the pattern
Upon the upper side.
Then I shall know the reason
Why pain with joy entwined,
Was woven in the fabric
Of life that God entwined. 

- J.B. Tabb

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...