Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dealing with Anger

I don't get angry very often, but when I do, I hate it. Today was one of those days. Actually the past couple of days - it just kept building and I could either say something or let it fester inside me. I just couldn't swallow this one and put it away. Honestly, I hate conflict. I hate having anyone angry at me. It makes me just want to curl up in a ball and disappear. Pretty much everyone in the house felt my anger (and corresponding sadness) today.

The boys and I say a nightly act of contrition before we say our rosary, and tonight I told them I was sorry for being so angry today. I know it is OK that they see me being human, but they also need to see me saying that I'm sorry for it. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to process my anger and figure out what to do with it. I found this prayer on Catholic Online.

Prayer in Time of Anger

Lord Jesus, there is anger in my heart and I cannot root it out.
I know that I should calm down and offer the hurt and disappointment to You
but my emotion is running away with me.
Help me to overcome this weakness and give me peace of heart as well as mind.
Let me learn from this experience and grow into a better human being. Amen.


No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...