Thursday, September 05, 2013

God Bless Teachers

I was trying to put one more thing on the refrigerator when a prayer card fell off. (Like much of my house, my refrigerator suffers from having too much stuff!) I received this particular prayer card nearly 10 years ago from our parish Director of Religious Ed when I made my 2nd stint at being a religious education teacher. I haven't thought about this card which features the words "God Bless Teachers" on the front very much over the years, even though I spend my days teaching my children, but I guess I must have needed to read it today. This is the prayer on the back:

Dear Lord,
Help me to be the best teacher that I can be.
Bless me with the words to impart knowledge with gentility, patience, and fun.
Give me the vision to see those who are struggling with their work and the ability to help them understand.
Show me how to reward those who excel without hurting the feelings of those who don't.
Let me value all my students in some way for each one is important to the whole.
Lord, fill me with the strength to open each day with a smile regardless of how tired I am.
May I be a true sign of Your love to these kids who have been given to me to instruct and guide.
Amen.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...