Thursday, May 15, 2014

Places to Donate Quilts

Are you a quilter with too many quilts on her hands? Or do you have ideas for quilts you'd like to make, but no one to give them to? Donating quilts is a wonderful solution.

I recently read Quilting with a Modern Slant: People, Patterns, and Techniques Inspiring the Modern Quilt Community which offered the following ideas for places to donate quilts:



Project Linus donates blankets to children who are seriously ill or traumatized.

Quilts of Valor provides quilts to servicemen and servicewomen and veterans.

Wrap them in Love collects donated quilts and distribute them to children around the world, so they can be wrapped in love and comfort.

And this one I discovered on my own when I bought some batting for my latest quilt project:

Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS provides quilts & brings recognition, hope, and warmth to the lives of ALS patients

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...