Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Quote from St. Teresa of Avila and A Prayer for Trust

I received a mailing from The National Shrine of St. Jude today that included the following quote from St. Teresa of Avila and a Prayer for Trust - both of which I needed in a big way today. I'm sharing this in case you might need it, too.

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to me. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones and allow you soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love. It is there for each and every one of us. - St. Teresa of Avila.

A Prayer for Trust

My faith, dear God, is strengthened by the trust I place in you. Give me the presence of mind and spirit to turn to You in prayer as I take on the worries and concerns of my life. In You I seek and find true peace, a peace I want to share with others. May the hope of St. Jude continually guide me to You, as I trust with gratitude that I am never alone. Amen.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...