Tuesday, September 09, 2014

September is Interstitial Cystitis Awareness Month

September is Interstitial Cystitis Awareness Month. Interstitial Cystitis is a medical condition that causes intense bladder pain and urgency. It's not something I've ever talked about publicly, but it is a condition that I have suffered from for over 10 years.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I was diagnosed within a few months of starting with symptoms and daily medication and a restricted diet helps me. Most of the time, I live with a mild case of symptoms. I know it is there, but I can maintain my daily life. I have periodic flare-ups, often brought on by stress or an accidental ingestion of some food I'm not supposed to eat, that are truly incredibly painful and debilitating. I hope and pray that I don't ever reach the point where that is my constant state of being.

If you suffer from undiagnosed bladder pain or know someone who suffers from IC, I invite you to find out more at http://www.ichelp.org/ and http://www.icawareness.org

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...