Sunday, June 14, 2015

In Thanksgiving for Prayers Answered

Several years ago, I met a young woman named Audrey at a friend's house who was thinking about entering religious life. There is a prayer for vocations that I say every day and I have added a special intention for her every since. The past couple of years, I've also added an intention for my friend's son, Michael, who was considering entering the seminary and who recently completed his first year.

Just recently. I was wondering about Audrey. Did she ever enter religious life? Did she stay? Should I keep having an intention for her? Well, today my friend posted a photo of Audrey taking her first set of vows. She is now Sr. Mary Elizabeth of the Holy Family. Thank you, God, for young people answering the call to religious life, and thank you for letting me know that my prayers (and no doubt the prayers of many others) were answered.

Please keep Sr. Mary Elizabeth and Michael and all people pursuing religious vocations in your prayers!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...