Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A Shot for Postpartum Depression?

I was perusing Facebook the other day and came across a post in one of the Catholic homeschool groups I belong to. A woman had given birth over the summer and was having a hard time with postpartum depression. She mentioned having made an appointment with her NaPro doctor to get a progesterone shot. Several other women commented that they, too, had taken this route and had their symptoms alleviated.

This was the first I had ever heard of such a thing - a shot for postpartum depression. That is truly awesome. As someone who has faced that darkness, I wish I had been aware of this. Of course, I don't have a NaPro doctor near me, which is a whole other issue, but still the wider medical community should be made aware of it. Maybe someone suffering from postpartum could bring in the following article to show her doctor: NaPro Technology and Postpartum Depression and be able to get the help she desperately needs.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...