Monday, December 11, 2017

Listening for God's Voice

This is part of the reflection by Karla Manternach from Living Faith on December 9th (but it is a good reminder at any time).

Even when I feel empty and frustrated at God's apparent disinterest in me, I know my prayer is an expression of trust. When we are faithful to prayer, we open our hearts to God's guidance. God's guidance rarely comes as a booming voice saying, "THIS IS THE WAY!" Rather, it comes as a tiny nudge, a nagging feeling. Submitting to God's will is like inching your shoulders just enough to turn your back to the wind and feel it behind you, pushing you along.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...