Tuesday, December 15, 2020

My Favorite Christmas Movie of All Time: The Christmas Tree


 I'm a sucker for a good Christmas movie. Faith-based, rom-com, traditional - I enjoy them all! But over the years, my favorite movie has never changed. It is The Christmas Tree starring Andrew McCarthy and Julie Harris and directed by Sally Field. It is a moving story about a man trying to convince a nun to give up her favorite tree to be the Christmas tree for Rockefeller center. 

It first aired in 1996 as a Made-for-T.V. movie on ABC. I watched it then as well as taped it on a VCR tape. I then proceeded to watch it on that VCR tape every year for several years. That VCR tape was eventually replaced by a DVD version. Now, I own neither of those technologies. I was sad to see that the movie wasn't available on any of the streaming programs we subscribe to, but then I found it on YouTube! I was so excited! I got to watch it this weekend and loved it as much as ever.

I was hoping to embed the video here, but YouTube wasn't cooperating, so here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FdY0MV27IY&t=1s

 I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do!



No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...