Sunday, August 07, 2022

Nature Quilt

 It took me nearly two years to complete this one, but that is okay. It is good that it takes me a long time to complete these quilts (I sew by hand). My family has plenty of blankets! (And yes, I have given a few of my quilts away as gifts.) This quilt was based on nature photos I found, some of which my daughter picked for me. Each block was pieced and then embellished with stitching. 

 
Here are some close-ups of a few of my favorite blocks:
 



 
While my last few quilts have been art quilts (which I do love making), I've decided to return to geometric piecing for my next quilt. 


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...