Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Keep my Commandments'

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. John 15: 9-10

This excerpt from today's gospel reminds us of the importance of keeping the commandments. While we cannot ever earn heaven - eternal life is a gift from God, we can certainly lose it. Yes, Jesus has saved us. He loves us and will always welcome us with open arms whenever we reach out to Him, but we need to do our part as well. We need to keep the commandments, and when we fail to, we need to tell God we are sorry and mean it, and try harder not to commit the same fault again. Our relationship with God goes both ways.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...