Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We are God's hands

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. - John 14:12

When Jesus went up to his Father in heaven, he gave us this mandate to continue his good works here on earth. He also sent the Holy Spirit to give us strength and to guide us in our mission. We are all called to be God's hands here on earth. We all have a contribution to make to improve the world and to love one another. While it may sometimes seem like our own small acts can't make much of a difference, the cumulative effect of a lot of small acts can be amazing. If we all tried to care for each other the way Jesus asked us to, imagine what a wonderful world this would be.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...