Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mother's Day in Heaven

Here is a poem for those of you whose mothers have passed on:

MOTHER'S DAY IN HEAVEN

If you could see where I am,
Your hearts would really rejoice.
I heard about Heaven all of my life
And I made being here my choice.

I could never really describe
The joy and peace I find.
It is more than I imagined.
It cannot be defined.

God made me willing to leave you
With a promise of His care.
He knows about your feelings.
You will always sense Him there.

I know you will be remembering
The special memories that we share.
Take comfort that I left my love
With all of you down there.

Keep in close touch with each other
And encourage all the way.
God will guide your footsteps
Through each and every day.

Evelyn D. Putnam

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...