Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Father's Blessing

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there! This is the Father's Blessing that was in my parish bulletin this weekend.

Father,
I thank you for the gift of my family
for whom I now pray
and upon whom I now ask you
to shower your blessings.
With St. Joseph as my guide,
may I always be ready
to spend my life for them.

Bless my wife whom you have given to
me as my spouse, sharing in
your wondrous work of creation.
May I see her as my equal and treat her
with the love of Christ for his Church.
May Mary be her guide
and help her to find your peace and your
grace.

Bless my children with your life and presence.
May the example of your son
be the foundation upon which
their lives are built,
that the Gospel may always
be their hope and support.

I ask you, Father, to protect and
bless my family.
Watch over it so that in the strength
of your love
its members may enjoy prosperity,
possess the gift of your peace and,
as the Church alive in this home,
always bear witness to your glory

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...