Monday, July 25, 2011

Feast of St. Anne and St. Joachim


Tomorrow (July 26th) is the feast of St. Anne and St. Joachim, the parents of Mary. St. Anne has always been one of my favorite saints and I took her name as my confirmation name. Although most of what we know of her is legend (from the Protoevangelium of St. James which dates from the 2nd century), we can rest assured that Mary indeed did have a mother and Jesus a grandmother and that she must have been a very faith-filled special woman. I ask St. Anne for help daily in parenting my children.

Parents' Prayer to St. Anne


We call upon you, dear St. Ann, for help in bringing up our family in good and godly ways. Teach us to trust God our Father as we rear the precious heritage entrusted to us. May His will prevail in our lives and His providence defend us. These blessings we ask for all families in our neighborhood, our country, and our world. Amen.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...