Thursday, July 28, 2011

Feast of St. Martha


July 29th is the feast of St. Martha. Not that I enjoy housework, but I do identify with the busyness of Martha. Always too much to do and not enough time to do it in. St. Martha is the patroness of Butlers, Cooks, Dietitians, Domestic Servants, Homemakers, Hotel-keepers, Housewives, Innkeepers, Laundry Workers, Servers, Single Laywomen, & Travelers

A Prayer to St. Martha

O blessed St. Martha, your faith led Jesus to proclaim, “I am the resurrection and the life”; and faith let you see beyond his humanity when you cried out, “Lord I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God.” With firm hope you said, “I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him”, and Jesus called your brother Lazarus back from the dead. With pure love for Jesus you welcomed him into your home.
Friend and servant of our Saviour, I too am “troubled about many things”. (mention your intentions) Pray for me that I may grow in faith, hope and love, and that Jesus, who sat at your table, will hear me and grant me a place at the banquet of eternal life. Amen.

1 comment:

Dave H said...

In my effort to make my home more organized and to start to really pay off debts and ground myself more solidly, I've turned to St. Martha to ask for her help in accomplishing these goals. I have readily identified with Mary Magdalene, Martha's sister, but now I need to balance myself out with Martha's attention to details.

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...