Friday, July 15, 2011

God Can Bring Good Out of the Mess

I read this quote today in Difficulties in Mental Prayer: A New Edition of a Classic Guide to Meditaion by M. Eugene Boylan, O.C.R. I know I often have regrets about my past - the mistakes I made along the way, the sins I committed. This is a good reminder that God is the one ultimately in charge and He can, and does, bring good out of the messiness.

"To them that love God, all things work together unto good," writes St. Paul, and that includes even our sins. God has infinite power and infinite mercy. He can utilize all our past and turn it to good account.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Thanks for the book reference. I looked at the "check inside" feature on line and have ordered it. it seems to be a good follow-on to the works of Thomas Dubay along the same lines.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Thank you!

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...