Friday, June 16, 2006

A Little Too Connected

I went out for a walk this evening after the boys were in bed. It was a beautiful evening and I needed to clear my head as well as pick up a couple things at the store. These evenings where the sun doesn't set until 8:30 won't last much longer! I walked by a couple people chatting on their respective cell phones. I think it is great for people to talk to their friends. It is wonderful to be connected to people and to multitask and get your exercise while you talk.

Yet, maybe we are a little too connected. Walks are wonderful opportunities to quiet your soul and commune with nature. You can think things through while you walk, and maybe say a prayer and listen for an answer. If you have a phone stuck to your ear, you don't have that quiet. I think that is an opportunity lost.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...