Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Living Rosary

I just came in from attending a "Living Rosary" which was held on our parish lawn after the 8:15 am mass. The senior citizens who normally attend that mass (thank goodness we have all of them to attend mass and bear witness on a daily basis!) came together with the third graders from our school to pray in such a meaningful way. Each person attending was responsible for saying an "Our Father," "Hail Mary" or "Glory Be." It was truly beautiful and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to take part.

October is traditionally the month of the Rosary, with October 7th being the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Because that feast falls on a Sunday this year, the feast is not being celebrated by the Church in a formal way. The rosary is one of my favorite devotions. I say it daily. If you wish to learn to say the rosary, please visit:

How to Pray the Rosary

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...