Friday, October 19, 2007

Tis the Season to be Sneezing

Yes, the cold and flu season is once again upon us. Every member of my family is currently suffering from a slight cold. Thankfully, it is a virus that still allows us to be functional as long as we are medicated. I do not enjoy being sick (who does?) but sometimes it does offer the excuse to take a little better care of myself. Like most moms, a day off is out of the question, but I can go to bed earlier without feeling guilty. I don't feel the same need (or even the ability) to do it all, all the time. I think God allows sickness to give us the chance to rest a little. It isn't fun, and I absolutely hate it when my children are sick, but it is a reminder to be thankful when we are all healthy and to take care of each other (and myself) when we are not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry Patti! I am still suffering from the same cough I had when I was there.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...