Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Time Reality Check

Yesterday was the presidential primary here in Massachusetts. The boys were asking me when they would be able to vote. I figured out that David will be able to vote in the presidential election in 2020 - Isaac with his November birthday will just miss it. Then, I thought about it. 2020 seems pretty far away, but I realized it is only 12 years. 12 years ago was 1996. I was a senior in college and dating my husband. It doesn't seem like all that long ago. 12 years from now both my children will be adults. It is going to go by in a blink of an eye.

Thankfully, right now, they are still small enough to play with. We were running around the house tonight playing a game of "cops and robbers" - we were taking turns being criminals and being chased. I really need to enjoy these moments because they are so fleeting.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...