Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trusting in God

But my trust is in you, Yahweh;
I say, 'You are my God,'
every moment of my life is in your hands
- Psalm 31:14-5

It is so easy to worry. I know I get stressed out about any number of things on a given day, many of which seem very important at the moment. I worry about health concerns, I worry about my children, I worry about my job, I worry about my parents. The list goes on.

This psalm is a good reminder to rest in the Lord. My worrying is not going to change anything. I can do something productive to try to alleviate the cause of the worry. I can certainly pray about the situations that concern me. But getting stressed is not going to help one little bit.

My life is in your hands, Lord. Please help me trust in you. Amen.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...