Thursday, July 17, 2008

Can you write your memoir in six words?

Every now and then life (God) just hands you a gift. Today, for instance, I brought the kids to the library to see "Bubble-Mania". The show was part of the summer program. The same bubble artist had done a show last year and we loved it so they were eager to go again. Once there, the librarian kindly asked if parents of children ages 5 and up would be willing to just have their children attend the show to allow more room for more children. So, I was suddenly given an hour of alone time in one of my favorite places - the library! I used the computer to check my email and post the previous post on this blog and then settled in with the most recent copy of Writer's Digest.

This particular issue featured the 100 best websites for writers - one of which was Six Word Memoirs by Smith Magazine The point of the website is to have people summarize their lives in six words - a daunting task, don't you think? I've never been known for being wordy, but even I have trouble being that succinct. Yet, many people have met the challenge.

What is your life story? Can you say it in six words? I was thinking that I would write, "I plan. God laughs. I adjust." or perhaps, "I love. I pray. I create." What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share your own six word memoir. I would love to read them!

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...