Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Lot of Changes

We were helping my sister move out this evening. She had come to live with us back in November because her life was in upheaval and she needed a place to stay. It was an adjustment when she came - we hadn't lived under the same roof since I was 10! And now that she is leaving, it is an adjustment as well. I'm really going to miss having her around.

Also, my husband is considering a new job that would have him traveling a great deal. The boys and I could certainly manage. He's traveled before although not on as quite as extensive a level, but it would mean adjusting my life a great deal. I would need to give up my volunteer job at my Church because I wouldn't have the availability to leave the house for an hour here and there like I do now. It would also mean no escaping for a walk on my own a couple times a week. It also means he would need to stop running Bingo, which is currently keeping our parish school afloat. Maybe someone else would step up to the plate but we have no idea who. Volunteers have been in short supply. The extra money would be a blessing, however. I honestly don't know what is best for our family or for him and so I am praying. Somehow, it will all work out.

And to top it off, my main computer died this week. Just died - no warning, no acting up in the days before hand - it just died. My husband did everything he could to retrieve the data, but it was no use. I didn't lose everything, but I lost enough to put a lot of extra work on my plate recreating things, especially for a deadline I have next week.

As you can imagine, my stress level is rather high right now. Please say a prayer for me!

3 comments:

Heidi Hess Saxton said...

I posted your request at Silent Canticle today... Praying for you!

Heidi

Pat Gohn said...

Prayers a-coming!

Unknown said...

Patrice,
I can feel your stress and will keep you in my prayers all day today!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help from Fresno - I have lots of your old emails to me saved with past work, if that would help you.
Hope things get better and that the job discernment becomes clear for your family soon.
Hugs, Lisa

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...