Monday, October 04, 2010

Feast of St. Francis

I came across this quote yesterday when I was doing some research for my weekly article. It makes a good point about St. Francis that I hadn't considered before.

This Sunday [Oct. 3] is also Right to Life Sunday, and Monday, October 4th is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi. I know that I am more than a little biased, but I find Francis to be the most passionate “right to life” saint that there ever was. He saw the world and all of its creatures as completely connected; we are all brothers and sisters-- every tree, every plant, every cat, every rat, every man and woman and child! What a great description of “right relationships!” If we could live Francis’ vision-- with Francis’ passion-- the world would be a much better place. - Father Ed. - http://www.catholicsoncall.org/considerthis/bible-call/4scripture-reflection-october-3-right-relationships

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...