Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In the Midst of Suffering

This was the reading in Pausing To Pray Lenten Meditations for Busy People for today. The quote is from St. Faustina's diary. The reflection is by Fr. Joseph Roesch, MIC

My daughter, suffering will be a sign to you that I am with you
(669).

Dear Jesus, I have always been afraid of suffering. I don't like pain of any kind, and I fear being abandoned and alone. Teach me to trust that you won't abandon me in the midst of my suffering, but that my suffering is a sign that you are with me in a special way.

My Lord, help me to trust in this truth and not run away from trials. Help me to realize that You are always very close to me and never more so than when I am in the midst of some type of suffering.


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...