Monday, December 12, 2011

Meeting Teens Where They Are

It is a scary fact in my life that I will be soon be the mother of teenagers. Every day, they get a little bit closer, and the teen "years" seem to start younger than they used to. Just the other day, I had a conversation with my boys about "sexting" and why this was never a good idea. These are not conversations I enjoy, but they need to be had. Navigating the teen years is going to be a challenge!

Keeping them rooted in their faith is going to be a challenge as well. I know that those years are a time of questioning and that it will not be enough for them to practice their faith because their mom does. They will need to make it their own. To that end, I read articles like this one with great interest: Mark Hart's Advice for Meeting Teens Where They Are

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...