Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How to Be Happy for Other People in 4 Easy Steps

Envy is one of those things I've always struggled with. I've said it in confession more times than I care to count. That's why this article from Young and Catholic really caught my eye: How to Be Happy For Other People in 4 Easy Steps.

In the reactions she describes, I definitely fall into the second category. I never think badly about the other people or wish them unhappiness. Instead, I feel bad about me. My sense of self has never been that strong, coupled with a healthy dose of depression, and I soon go careening into a very deep pit. It isn't pretty. It is something I will most likely struggle with until the day I die. On the plus side, I'm better than I used to be, so there is always hope!

The author of Be Happy for People in 4 Easy Steps offers some very concrete ways to help the process. It is definitely worth reading if this is a problem that you struggle with.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...