Thursday, March 01, 2012

What Women Want

I usually schedule the articles I post on Catholic Lane a day or two ahead, but this article by Colleen Carroll Campbell was just so good and so relevant that I had to post it immediately. What do women want? We want to be recognized as the intelligent individuals that we are - capable of making rational decisions that may or may not agree with the way another woman feels. We are not all the same. Please don't treat us as if we are.

Campbell begins:

In honor of Women’s History Month, I’d like to make a request of America’s political and media elites on behalf of America’s women: Stop lumping us together.

To be more specific: Stop telling us “what women want” in the next president, which political stands are sure-fire winners (or losers) of “the women’s vote” and what constitutes “the women’s view” in debates over everything from the morality of abortion to the limits of government and the best path to national prosperity.


Read more here: What Women Want

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...