Thursday, June 28, 2012

Making Music, Praying Twice

When my boys were little, I took them to a Music Together program. We went for 2 or 3 years with a group of friends and had a wonderful time doing it. Even now, many years later, the boys still remember some of the songs and I have very good memories of that time spent together. 

Making Music, Praying Twice, run by Kate Daneluk, is based on the same principles as the quality program I attended, but has the added advantage of including Catholic songs and prayer. I own the Fall and Winter CDs and my family enjoys them greatly. Some children's music can be torturous to listen to. These CDs are a pleasure for those of any age. Daneluk is instructing more and more teachers so that this program can spread far and wide, but for those who don't have a class nearby, Making Music Praying Twice offers a family program that can be used in the home.

There is a wonderful article on Making Music, Praying Twice in this week's National Catholic Register: Children Make a Joyful Noise for the Lord and for more information on the program itself, please visit http://www.makingmusicprayingtwice.com/.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...