Saturday, January 02, 2016

Book Review: Downton Abbey: A Celebration

Here in the U.S., the final season of Downton Abbey kicks off Sunday, January 3rd. This is one of the very few shows I watch on television. I admit it is a guilty pleasure - I enjoy the history, the music, and the beautiful surroundings. Plus, for the past several years, it has given me something to look forward to in the midst of a dark New England winter.

Therefore, I eagerly picked up Downton Abbey - A Celebration: The Official Companion to All Six Seasons. This book is a fan's delight, featuring loads of photos, a review of what has happened in the series, a description of the various sets and settings, interviews with the actors and actresses, as well as analysis of the characters.



The only downside is that it does include spoilers from the 6th season. I avoided reading the episode synopses at the end of the book, but there is some basic info sprinkled in throughout the book. I don't think it will detract from my enjoyment of the season, but if you want the whole season to be a surprise, you might want to hold off on reading this one until the season is done.




No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...