Sunday, January 03, 2016

On the Return to Real Life

Melanie Rigney offers a great reflection on January 4th's entry for Living Faith:

And back to reality we go today: back to school and work (or getting people ready for school and work), back to our routine after weeks of worldwind activity and joy and stress and tension and wonder. Our regular routine is back, and sometimes it seems to come with a thud.

It is easy to lose sight of the fact that God is with us in the small things that will happen today . .  . His desire that we grow ever closer to him in love and obedience has no season, no calendar.

Honestly, I'm dreading tomorrow and the days that will follow. The return to homeschool lessons after a break is never easy and the midst of a grey winter is hard on both my and my children's mental health. This was a good reminder for me as I try to get through each day one day at a time. 

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...