Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Take part in a Novena for the Nation starting August 15th

Over on Facebook, I was invited to take part in the Novena for the Nation. I think it is such a great idea, I'm sharing it here.

Regardless of your political leanings, I think we all can agree our country is in a rough spot. The Rosary can work miracles. The idea is that we all pray a 54 day Rosary novena (3 sets of 9 nine days of petition and 3 sets of 9 days of thanksgiving) from Monday, August 15th, until October 7th - the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.

I've been a believer in the power of rosary novenas since I was a teenager. The small book that I own relates the history of the rosary novena:

It has it's roots in a visit by Our Lady of Pompeii, which occurred in 1884 at Naples, in the house of Commander Agrelli. The Commander's daughter, Fortuna, had been very sick for 13 months and the doctors had no idea how to help her. On Feb. 16, 1884, the girl and her family began a novena of Rosaries.

Our Blessed Mother appeared to her on March 3rd and Fortuna begged her to be healed, calling her "Queen of the Holy Rosary."

Mary replied, "Now, since thou hast called me by that title so pleasing to me, 'Queen of the Holy Rosary,' I can no longer refuse the favor thou dost petition . . . . "

"Once more the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared to her and said, 'Whoever desires to obtain favors from me should make three novenas of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving."

Please consider taking part. Let's storm heaven for the future of our country.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...