Secrets of the Sacred Heart: Twelve Ways to Claim Jesus' Promises in Your Life by Emily Jaminet.
Jaminet is executive director of the Sacred Heart Enthronement Network and her family has had a deep devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for generations. She also runs the website: https://welcomehisheart.com/.
In Secrets of the Sacred Heart, Jaminet states "the Lord invites us to come to know him and to love him through a powerful devotion to his heart." She explores the twelve promises that Jesus gave to St. Margaret Mary from 1673-1675. Those twelve promises to those who foster devotion to the Sacred Heart are:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their states of life.
2. I will establish peace in their homes.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in my heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls shall become fervent
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Each chapter focuses on one of the promises and includes reflection questions and prayers at the end of each chapter. The first appendix explains a brief history of the Sacred Heart devotion in the Church. Appendix 2 includes the Litany of the Sacred Heart.
I highly recommend reading Secrets of the Sacred Heart one chapter a day as part of your prayer time. It is a lovely exploration of this devotion and will encourage you to increase your love and honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made after clicking a link help support this site. Thank you!