Sunday, June 04, 2006

Spending time on what is important

I was in a local drugstore recently and I couldn't help but notice the rows and rows of cosmetics. We are all so desperate to look our best. I confess, I am not immune to that tendency. I honestly do try to look presentable. I comb my hair and wear some light make-up. (There are those who would most likely say that I could use a lot more!) We are willing to spend our hard-earned money for the latest cosmetic guaranteed to make our eyes brighter, our lips fuller, our wrinkles less noticeable, and our cheekbones more defined. We are willing to spend time getting manicures and pedicures. Yet, many claim that they don't have time to pray!

Do you think that perhaps we should spend less time worrying about our outward appearance which, despite all our efforts, will cease to exist at death, and more time worrying about the state of our soul which will last for all eternity?

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...