Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last Day of School

Today was David's last day of school. While he was happy to be done with the year and free for summer vacation, he was sad to be leaving his friends and his teacher, especially because he knows he isn't going back next year. I know that is normal. He wants to go back to school for 3rd grade. I told him we would see, which is an honest answer. I have mixed emotions as well. It is hard for me to leave the familiar path of sending my children to school. It is hard for me to be different, although there are more and more home schoolers and I have received nothing but overwhelming support. At the same time, I am excited about this new venture.

I have no idea how this year of homeschooling will go. I only know that for whatever reason, God wants me to do this for this year. I've learned in my life not to plan too far ahead. While some people can make five-year plans and carry them through to fruition, I have found that God usually has some bend planned for my road. So, we will take this coming year day by day and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...